Wednesday 12 June 2019

Some Days...!



Some days I yearn to meet her again,
My younger carefree self.
Some days I try to remember how life was,
When I was accountable just for myself!

I miss being out and about,
Stepping out anytime, at a whim!
Not worrying about nap-time schedules,
And packing snacks and toys for him!

I miss relaxing on vacations,
And actually putting my feet up, doing nothing.
Not being on-the-run behind a frisky toddler,
And worrying about him falling and hurting.

I miss savoring fancy meals at restaurants,
Relishing every bite and sip.
Not gulping down my portions,
And taking turns in entertaining the little imp.

I miss sleeping in,
And unplanned lazy days.
Not being rudely awaken by little kicks and jabs,
And planning mealtimes and play-dates.

I miss catching up on movies,
And being abreast with the latest music in town.
Not swaying to the 'finger family',
And watching the wheels go round and round!

I miss hanging out with my buddies,
And just chatting, teasing and gossiping through the night!
Not discussing brain-draining toddler tantrums,
And potty training woes, sigh!

I miss dressing up pretty.
And taking time to decide between the blue and red.
Not hurriedly settling in for my usual 'mommy-clothes',
And styling up my boy, instead!

I do miss a lot of aspects,
Of my life before I became a Mum,
But I also am in love with my beautiful present,
With my sweet little Honey Bun!

Some days I just like to let my mind wander,
And reminisce the years bygone,
Some days, I allow myself to look past my blessed today,
And be in awe, of how much I have grown! 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment